Back to all recipes
Prep Time: 45 min. | Cook Time: 1- 1 1/2 hours | Serves: 4-6
- Rumba® Beef Scalded Tripe (1 package, cut into 1-1/2" chunks)
- 2 dried ancho chiles, whole
- 3.5 oz dried California chiles, whole
- 1/2 white onion, quartered
- 1 garlic, bulb
- 2 tbsp Mexican oregano
- 1 29oz can hominy
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- Water, as needed (approx. 1 gallon)
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Chopped white onions
- Chopped cilantro
- Mexican oregano
- Sliced jalapeños
- Corn tortillas
- OPTIONAL/RECOMMENDED: Boil 3 Rumba® pork split front feet in 1 gallon of water for 3 hours or until tender. Use this liquid to make Menudo broth.
- Re-hydrate chiles in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain and repeat.
- Blend chiles, white onion and 3 cloves of garlic in enough water to create a puree.
- Rinse tripe and add all ingredients, except remaining garlic, to a pot with enough water to cover the tripe by 1/2-inch.
- Wrap remaining garlic bulb in cheesecloth, tie and add to pot.
- Bring ingredients to a simmer and cook for at least 40 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and doneness.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Serve with optional garnishes.