Back to all recipes
prep time: | cook time:
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 4-5 hours | Serves: 4
- Rumba® Beef Scalded Tripe (2 lbs., cut in small squares)
- 1 – 1½ lbs beef feet, cut in 4 pieces
- 1 cup onions, large dice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 6 peppercorns
- Salt (to taste)
- 4 qts water
- 1/2 cup hominy, canned
- FOR SPICE MIX:
- 1 ancho chili, toasted, seeded, ribbed and soaked overnight
- 1 large tomato
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- FOR GARNISH:
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp oregano, fresh
- Combine the beef foot, tripe, onions, garlic, peppercorns, salt and water in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer.
- Simmer the tripe and beef foot until tender, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the soaked ancho chili, tomato and garlic in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth and reserve.
- When the beef foot is tender, remove it from the pot and strip the off the meat. Chop the meat and return it to the pot.
- Add the tomato mixture and hominy and continue to simmer for another 2 hours or until slightly thickened.
- Add oregano and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with soft corn tortillas, finely minced onions, chopped cilantro, lime wedges and additional oregano and chili powder.