- Rumba® Beef Scalded Tripe (2 pounds, cut in small squares)
- 1 – 1½ lbs beef feet, cut in 4 pieces
- 1 cup onions, large dice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 6 peppercorns
- Salt (to taste)
- 4 qts water
- ½ cup canned, drained hominy
- FOR SPICE MIX:
- 1 ancho chili, toasted, seeded, ribbed and soaked overnight
- 1 large tomato
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- FOR GARNISH:
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp oregano, fresh
- Slice beef scalded tripe into small squares. Slice beef feet into quarters. In a large stockpot, combine scalded tripe, beef feet, onions, garlic, peppercorns, salt and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 2 hours until tripe and beef feet are tender and reach an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Meanwhile, combine drained ancho chili, tomato and garlic in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth and set aside.
- When beef feet are tender, remove from the pot and strip the off the meat. Chop the meat and return it to the pot.
- Stir in pureed tomato mixture and hominy and continue to simmer for another 2 hours or until slightly thickened.
- Add oregano and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with soft corn tortillas, finely minced onions, chopped cilantro, lime wedges and additional oregano and chili powder, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.