Rumba Meats® Beef Cheek Meat
prep time: 00:15:00 cook time: 02:00:00
- 15 MIN Prep Time
- 2-3 HRS Cook Time
- 8 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Cheek Meat (4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 qt low-sodium beef broth or water
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 whole garlic bulb, split in half crosswise
- 1 tbsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Add cold water to cover the beef cheekmeat by 2-inches. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and gently simmer for 2 to 3 hours until very tender and cheekmeat reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF. Skim any fat or foam from the liquid often throughout the cooking process.
- When the meat is tender, remove from cooking liquid. Strain and reserve the broth for another use. Shred cheekmeat with 2 forks.
- Serve barbacoa as a filling for tacos, tostadas or over rice topped with minced onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salsa or tomato sauce, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.