Back to all recipes
Beef Heart Stew
Prep Time: 40 minutes | Cook Time: 3 hours | Serves: 4-6
- Rumba® Beef Heart (1 pkg., cut into cubes)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 oz mirepoix (50% chopped onion, 25% chopped carrot and 25% chopped celery)
- 2 oz tomato paste
- 2.5 oz flour
- 1 quart beef stock
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt & black pepper, as needed
- Season the heart with salt and pepper. Sear in a medium-high pan with oil. Remove heart from pan.
- Add mirepoix and let vegetables brown slightly. Add tomato paste and cook until aromatic and brick red.
- Add red wine and reduce to ¼ of the original volume.
- Stir flour into beef stock and add to pan with remaining ingredients and seared heart. Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for 2 ½ hours or until tender.
- Serve with buttered egg noodles or mashed potatoes.