Back to all recipes
Quick and Easy Menudo (Instant Pot Version)
prep time: 00:25:00 | cook time: 01:30:00
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 1.5 hours | Serves: 8
- Rumba® Beef Honeycomb Tripe (1 package)
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- Water to cover
- 2 quarts of water (for richer, meatier flavor, use bone broth in place of water)
- 1 medium white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic in water
- ½ cup Guajillo chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 15½-ounce cans hominy, drained and rinsed
- Garnishes for finished Menudo: diced onion, diced radish, lime wedges, chopped cilantro
- Place tripe in large pot of salted water, making sure it is fully immersed.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from stove and drain water. Remove any non-white bits.
- Rinse once more with cold water and allow to drain. Place cleaned tripe pieces into Instant Pot.
- Add all non-garnish ingredients to Instant Pot.
- Cook on soup/stew Normal setting for 1 hour. Tripe should be tender.
- Serve immediately with garnishes.