Quick and Easy Menudo (Instant Pot Version)
Rumba® Beef Honeycomb Tripe
prep time: 00:25:00 cook time: 01:30:00
- 25 MIN Prep Time
- 1.5 HRS Cook Time
- 8 Servings
- Rumba® Beef Honeycomb Tripe (1 package)
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- Water to cover
- 2 quarts of water (for richer, meatier flavor, use bone broth in place of water)
- 1 medium white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic in water
- ½ cup Guajillo chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 15½-ounce cans hominy, drained and rinsed
- Garnishes for finished Menudo: diced onion, diced radish, lime wedges, chopped cilantro
- Place beef honeycomb tripe in a large pot; add ¼ cup salt and water to fully immerse tripe.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from stove and drain water. Remove any non-white bits. Rinse tripe with cold water and drain.
- Add cleaned tripe pieces to an instant pot. Stir in water, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, 2 tablespoons salt, oregano, black pepper and hominy.
- Cover and cook on soup/stew Normal setting for 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 160ºF and tripe is tender.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh garnishes.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.