Back to all recipes
Prep Time: 30-45 Minutes | Cook Time: 3-4 Hours | Serves: 10-15
- Rumba® Beef Honeycomb Tripe (4 pounds Rumba Beef Regular Tripe)
- 12 California chilies or 5 chilies Anchos
- 6 Garlic Cloves (4 for meat and 2 for Chile mix)
- 1 Medium Size Onion
- 7 Cups Hominy (Optional)
- 4-5 Tablespoons Salt
- Garnishes: Onion, Cilantro, Radish, Lemon, Oregano
- Cut the honeycomb and scalded tripe into 1-inch squares.
- Combine the tripe with an onion, 4 garlic cloves and salt in a large stockpot with 6 quarts of water. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer.
- Simmer the tripe until tender, about 2 hours.
- De-vein the California chilies and boil until soft.
- Blend chilies with 2 garlic cloves.
- Add chilies mix to pot.
- Add Hominy at this time. (Optional)
- Add 2 quarts of water if it looks like it needs it.
- Boil with the chilies sauce for about 40 min.
- When meat is soft to touch, it’s done.
- Serve and garnish with onion, cilantro, radish, lemon and oregano.