- Rumba® Beef Honeycomb Tripe (4 pounds)
- 4 pounds Rumba® Beef Regular Tripe
- 12 California chilies (or 5 chilies anchos), seeded, deveined
- 6 cloves garlic, divided
- 1 Medium Size Onion
- 7 Cups Hominy (Optional)
- 4-5 Tablespoons Salt
- Garnishes: Onion, Cilantro, Sliced Radish, Lemon, Dried Oregano
- Cut the honeycomb and scalded tripe into 1-inch squares.
- In a large stockpot, combine the tripe, onion, 4 garlic cloves, salt and 6 quarts water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 2 hours until tripe is soft and internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
- Meanwhile boil the chilies in water to cover for 10 minutes until soft. In a blender, combine chilies and remaining 2 garlic cloves. Add water, as needed to blend until smooth. Add chile sauce to the stockpot.
- Stir in hominy. Add 2 quarts water, if needed. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Serve menudo garnished with onions, cilantro, radishes, lemons and oregano.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.