Back to all recipes
Bone Broth can be added to a variety of recipes instead of water or beef broth to enhance the flavor, such as Beef Barbacoa, Menudo, Caldo de Res, and Oxtail Stew.
prep time: 00:40:00 | cook time: 08:00:00
Prep Time: 40 minutes | Cook Time: 8 hours | Serves: 8 cups
- Rumba® Beef Marrow Bones (2 packages)
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 8 cups water
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place marrow bones in large stockpot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, remove from heat and drain.
- Place marrow bones on sheet pan and place in preheated oven. Cook until bones are golden brown and meat on bones becomes crispy, about 45 minutes.
- Place roasted bones into slow cooker or Instant Pot, scraping pan thoroughly. For maximum flavor, place pan on stovetop and add a small amount of water. Turn on high heat and scrape pan of any remaining bits. Pour bits into slow cooker or Instant Pot with the roasted bones.
- Add onions, garlic cloves, peppercorns and water to Instant Pot or slow cooker.
- For Instant Pot, cook on soup/stew setting for 4 hours. For slow cooker, cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once broth is finished cooking, remove from heat and quickly cool by pouring into container, then placing container into an ice bath (equal parts water and ice).
- Once cooled, bone broth will be gelatinous and thick. Place in zipper-sealed bag and freeze for later use.