Rumba Meats® Beef Marrow Bones
- 40 MIN Prep Time
- 8 HRS Cook Time
- 8 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Marrow Bones (2 packages)
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 8 cups water
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place marrow bones in large stockpot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, remove from heat and drain.
- Place marrow bones on a sheet pan. Cook until bones are golden brown and meat on bones becomes crispy, about 45 minutes.
- Place roasted bones into slow cooker or instant pot, scraping pan thoroughly. (For maximum flavor, place pan on stovetop and add a small amount of water. Turn on high heat and scrape pan of any remaining bits. Pour bits into slow cooker or instant pot with the roasted bones.)
- Add onions, garlic cloves, peppercorns and water to Instant Pot or slow cooker.
- For Instant Pot, cook on soup/stew setting for 4 hours until internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
- For slow cooker: Cook on low for 8 hours until internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
- Once broth is finished cooking, remove from heat and quickly cool by pouring into a container, then placing container into an ice bath (equal parts water and ice).
- Once cooled, bone broth will be gelatinous and thick. Place in zipper-sealed bag and freeze for later use.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.