- Once you remove the tripe from the vacuum sealed package, drain any excess liquid. Chop into small ¾ inch pieces.
- Place the tripe, onion, garlic, and bay leaf in a large pot. Add enough water to cover and season with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Place the lid on the pot and cook until the tripe is tender.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the cooked and drained tripe and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stir
- Add the oregano and chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tortilla on the skillet to warm up on one side for about 20 seconds. Turn the tortilla over and add about 3 tablespoons of the tripe and 1½ tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half with the help of a spatula. Lightly brush with some vegetable oil and continue cooking.
- To keep them warm while you finish, place them in a baking dish in a warm oven. Serve with Green Salsa.