Back to all recipes
Spicy Honeycomb Tripe
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 2 hours | Serves: 4-6
- Rumba® Beef Honeycomb Tripe (1 pkg.)
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- 1 knob ginger, peeled and bruised
- 1 bunch of cilantro stems
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic Chili Sambal Oelek Sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 quart water
- 8 oz sake or white wine
- Rinse honeycomb tripe in running fresh water.
- Combine water, sake, garlic, scallion, ginger and cilantro. Bring to a simmer and add honeycomb tripe.
- Simmer until tender. Check after 1 hour.
- When tender, remove from liquid and allow to cool. Cut honeycomb tripe into stir-fry size strips.
- Heat canola oil on high heat. Ad honeycomb tripe and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add chili sauce, lime and sugar.
- Serve with jasmine rice.