Spicy Honeycomb Tripe
Rumba® Beef Honeycomb Tripe
prep time: 00:30:00 cook time: 02:00:00
- 30 MIN Prep Time
- 2 HRS Cook Time
- 4-6 Servings
- Rumba® Beef Honeycomb Tripe (1 package)
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- 1 knob ginger, peeled and bruised
- 1 bunch of cilantro stems
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic Chili Sambal Oelek Sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup sake or white wine
- Rinse honeycomb tripe in running fresh water.
- Combine water, sake, garlic, scallion, ginger and cilantro. Bring to a simmer and add honeycomb tripe.
- Simmer about 1 hour until honeycomb tripe is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Remove honeycomb tripe from liquid and cool. Cut into stir-fry size strips.
- In a skillet, heat oil on high heat. Add honeycomb tripe and stir-fry for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add garlic chili sauce, lime juice and sugar and stir to blend.
- Serve with jasmine rice, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.