Lengua en Salsa Criolla
Rumba Meats® Beef Tongue
prep time: 00:30:00 cook time: 03:00:00
- 30 MIN Prep Time
- 3 HRS Cook Time
- 4-6 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Tongue (1 package)
- 5 scallions
- For the Creole Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cups diced tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 4 scallions, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ cup beef broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse tongue well with water and place in a large pot. Add scallions and season with salt and pepper. Add water to cover.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 2½ to 3 hours until tongue is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Transfer tongue to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, peel off skin and trim any fat or gristle. Slice tongue and set aside.
- For Creole sauce: Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onions, tomatoes, garlic, scallions and cumin. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring until softened.
- Reduce heat to low; cook for an additional 10 minutes, until sauce has thickened. stirring occasionally.
- Add sliced tongue and beef broth and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.