Grilled Beef Tongue
Rumba® Beef Tongue
prep time: 02:30:00 cook time: 00:30:00
- 2-3 HRS Prep Time
- 30-45 MIN Cook Time
- 4-6 Servings
- Rumba® Beef Tongue (3-4 pounds)
- Lard or vegetable oil (as needed)
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Rinse beef tongue in cold running water. Place in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 2 hours (the base of tongue should be fork tender, but the tip still a little firm).
- Remove from the heat and allow the tongue to cool in its juices. When cool enough to handle, peel and discard the skin.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cut the tongue in half the long way. Coat evenly with softened lard or vegetable oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Grill the tongue over medium heat until tender and lightly brown and internal temperature reaches 160ºF. Thin slice grilled tongue.
- Serve with lime wedges, roasted corn and chili powder to taste, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.