Anticuchos Beef Heart: Easy Grilled Kabobs
Rumba Meats® Beef Heart
prep time: 00:30:00 cook time: 00:15:00
- 30 MIN Prep Time
- 15 MIN Cook Time
- 10 Servings
- Rumba® Beef Heart (1, cut into bite-sized chunks)
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 dried chilies (ancho, aji panca or pasillo), soaked, deveined and deseeded (soaked in hot water)
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- Cut beef heart into bite-size chunks. Set aside.
- For marinade: Combine vinegar, cumin, pepper, salt, garlic, parsley, cilantro, drained chilies and oil in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth and thick. Add a small amount of water, if necessary to fully puree marinade.
- Pour marinade into a medium-sized bowl, add heart chunks and stir until coated. Cover and marinate for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat a charcoal or gas grill on high.
- Put 5 to 6 heart pieces on each skewer and place in shallow glass dish. Pour enough marinade over the skewers to cover the meat while grill is heating.
- Grill drained skewers for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, trying to keep the ends of the skewers away from the direct heat to prevent scorching.
- Serve with grilled corn on the cob and boiled potatoes, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.