Back to all recipes
prep time: | cook time:
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Serves: 10
- Rumba® Beef Heart (1, cut into bite-sized chunks)
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 dried chilies (ancho, aji panca or pasillo), soaked, deveined and deseeded
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- Pre-heat a charcoal or gas grill on high.
- Combine all ingredients for marinade in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth and thick. Add a small amount of water to help in pureeing, if necessary.
- Pour into medium-sized bowl and add heart chunks stirring to completely cover. Marinate 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Put 5-6 heart pieces on each skewer and place in shallow glass dish. Pour enough marinade over the skewers to cover the meat.
- Grill skewers for 1-2 minutes on each side, trying to keep the ends of the skewers away from the direct heat to prevent scorching.
- Serve with grilled corn on the cob and boiled potatoes.