Back to all recipes
Abuela’s Tongue Tacos
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes | Cook Time: 3-3 1/2 Hours | Serves: 8-10
- Rumba® Beef Tongue (1 Rumba® Tongue)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Corn tortillas
- Cilantro (bushel)
- Green or red salsa
- Combine beef tongue, salt, garlic and onion in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cook for about 3-3½ hours or until soft.
- Dice the onion and mince the cilantro when tongue is close to being ready.
- Once tongue is done, remove the skin.
- Chop meat into small pieces.
- Heat tortillas.
- Add 2 tablespoons of tongue to each tortilla.
- Garnish with cilantro, onion, salsa, lime and salt (to taste).