Golden Brown Choncholines
Rumba Meats® Beef Tripas
prep time: 00:20:00 cook time: 01:00:00
- 20 MIN Prep Time
- 1 HR Cook Time
- 4 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Tripas (2 pounds, cut in 2" by 4" strips)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp achiote powder
- 1 gallon salted water
- 2 tbsp aji chili powder
- 1 cup vinegar
- Salt (to taste)
- Rinse tripas well with running water. Cut into 2-inch x 4-inch strips and place in a pot. Cover with salted water. Boil for about 30 minutes until tripas are tender and reach an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine oil, chili powder and achiote powder and heat briefly over low heat. Remove from heat and allow to “steep”. When cooled slightly, stir in vinegar.
- When tripas are tender, drain and pat dry. Toss to coat evenly with spice, oil and vinegar mixture.
- Fry or grill until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with home fried potatoes or boiled lime beans (habas sancochadas), if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.