Back to all recipes
Golden Brown Choncholines
prep time: | cook time:
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour | Serves: 4
- Rumba® Beef Tripas (2 lbs., cut in 2" by 4" strips)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp achiote powder
- 1 gallon salted water
- 2 tbsp aji chili powder
- 1 cup vinegar
- Salt (to taste)
- Rinse tripas well with running water. Place in a pot with salted water and boil until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil, chili powder and achiote powder gently. Remove from the heat and allow to “steep”. When cooled slightly, add the vinegar.
- When tripas are tender, drain and gently dry. Toss with spice, oil and vinegar mixture.
- Fry or grill until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with home fried potatoes or boiled lime beans (habas sancochadas).