Kidneys in Sherry Sauce
Rumba® Beef Kidneys
prep time: 00:15:00 cook time: 00:30:00
- 15 MIN Prep Time
- 30 MIN Cook Time
- 6 Servings
- Rumba® Beef Kidneys (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice kidneys between the lobes into bite-sized pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper. Dredge lightly in flour, shake excess.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Working in batches, add kidney pieces and lightly brown. Remove from the pan when browned and set aside.
- Add onions to pan and cook gently until golden brown and tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the excess oil, keeping the browned bits in the bottom of pan. Add beef broth and bring to a simmer. Return kidneys to the pan and simmer for 20 minutes until tender and kidney pieces reach an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Add sherry and butter. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer briefly, stirring constantly.
- Serve with boiled potatoes or rice, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.