Back to all recipes
Kidneys in Sherry Sauce
prep time: | cook time:
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 6
- Rumba® Beef Kidneys (1 1/2 lb.)
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- Cut kidneys between the lobes into bite-sized pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper. Dredge lightly in flour.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add kidney pieces and lightly brown in small batches. Remove from the pan when brown.
- Add onions and cook gently until golden brown and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the excess oil, keeping the browned bits in the bottom of pan. Add beef broth and bring to a simmer. Return kidneys to the pan and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add sherry and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Serve with boiled potatoes or rice.