Back to all recipes
Liver in Wine Sauce
prep time: | cook time:
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 20-25 minutes | Serves: 6
- Rumba® Beef Liver (1 1/2 lbs., sliced)
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup boiled ham, diced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Combine flour, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Dredge liver slices in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan and brown slices 3 or 4 at a time on each side or until golden brown. Remove and hold on a platter.
- Add onions to the pan and cook until golden brown. Add ham, parsley, broth and wine, stirring frequently until it comes to a boil.
- Return browned slices to pan. Reduce heat and simmer until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and lime wedges.