Liver in Wine Sauce
Rumba® Beef Liver
prep time: cook time:
- 30 MIN Prep Time
- 20-25 MIN Cook Time
- 6 Servings
- Rumba® Beef Liver (1 1/2 pounds, sliced)
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup boiled ham, diced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Slice liver into ½-inch to ¾ -inch slices. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow pan and mix well.
- Dredge liver slices in flour mixture, shake excess.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan. Add slices, 3 or 4 at a time, to hot oil and cook on each side until golden brown. Place browned liver slices on a platter and set aside.
- Add onions to pan and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add ham, parsley, broth and wine, and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Return browned liver slices to pan. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until fork tender and liver reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Serve with lime wedges and roasted potatoes, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.