Sauteed Liver with Caramelized Onions and Smoked Bacon
Rumba® Beef Liver
prep time: 01:00:00 cook time: 00:45:00
- 1 HR Prep Time
- 45 MIN Cook Time
- 4-6 Servings
- Rumba® Beef Liver (1 package)
- Flour, as needed
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 oz smoked bacon, raw, cubed
- 2 pounds (about 3-4) yellow onion, halved, thin sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove crisp bacon, drain and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon oil to bacon drippings. Set pan aside.
- Melt butter in a medium-hot pan and add onions. Reduce heat and cook slowly until caramelized to a deep golden-brown color, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in red wine, vinegar and honey, simmer until liquid has reduced to a syrup-like consistency. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Slice liver into 1/3-inch slices. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Dredge slices in flour and shake off excess.
- Heat skillet with pan drippings and oil to medium-high. Add flour-dusted liver slices and cook for approximately 1 minute per side or until slightly pink in the middle and internal temperature of liver reaches 160ºF.
- Remove from pan. Serve over caramelized onions and garnish with crisp bacon.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.