Tacos De Lengua and Consommé (Instant Pot Dinner)
Rumba Meats® Beef Tongue
- 10 MIN Prep Time
- 75 MIN Cook Time
- 6 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Tongue (1 package, about 3 pounds)
- ¼ white onion
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups beef bone broth or water
- 2 cups prepared red chile sauce
- Warm corn tortillas, as needed
- Garnishes: fresh lime wedges, chopped white onion, and chopped cilantro
- Recommend side: warm corn tortillas
- Combine beef tongue, onion, bay leaf and broth in instant pot.
- Lock pressure cooker lid. Select pressure cooker setting and cook for 75 minutes on high pressure with full natural release or until tongue is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Remove tongue from broth, keeping broth covered on warm setting. Peel off the outer layer of tongue and trim fat. Using two forks, shred meat.
- Add shredded tongue, red chile sauce and cilantro to hot broth and stir until combined.
- Serve consommé in bowls with warm tortilla, fresh lime, chopped white onion and cilantro.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.