Slow Cooker Adobado Braised Beef Shanks
Cooks all day while you're away.
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 6.5 hours | Serves: 4
- Rumba® Beef Hind Shank (2 packages, 4 shanks total)
- ½ cup ancho chili powder
- 1 quart bone broth
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 chipotle peppers, from canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic in water
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Kosher salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 6 hours, until shanks are tender yet not falling off the bone.
- Serve shanks over cooked rice, topped with sauce from slow cooker.
Tip: To maximize flavor, brown shanks before placing in slow cooker. In large skillet with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, sauté shanks on medium high heat until browned, about 4 minutes on each side.