Slow Cooker Adobado Braised Beef Shanks
Rumba Meats® Beef Cross-Cut Hind Shank
- 25 MIN Prep Time
- 6.5 HRS Cook Time
- 4 Servings
- Rumba® Beef Cross-Cut Hind Shank (2 packages)
- ½ cup ancho chili powder
- 1 quart bone broth
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 chipotle peppers, from canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic in water
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Kosher salt to taste
- Cooked rice, as needed
RECIPE NOTES: To maximize flavor, brown shanks before placing in slow cooker. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet, add shanks and cook on medium high heat until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Place beef hind shanks, chili powder, broth, raisins, orange juice concentrate, chipotle peppers, vinegar, onions, garlic and cumin in slow cooker. Season with salt.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, or until shanks reach an internal temperature of 160ºF and meat is tender, yet not falling off the bone.
- Serve shanks over cooked rice, topped with sauce from slow cooker.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.