Salpicón de Res
Rumba® Beef Cheekmeat
prep time: 00:20:00 cook time: 00:45:00
- 20 MIN Prep Time
- 45 MIN Cook Time
- 4-6 Servings
- Rumba® Beef Cheekmeat (2 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped onion, divided
- 4-5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1¾ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bunches cilantro, chopped, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For serving (optional): Black beans, rice and lime juice
- Cut cheekmeat into medium-sized pieces.
- Heat oil in large pot, add beef cheekmeat, 1 bunch chopped cilantro and ½ cup chopped onion. Add water to cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, until tender and cheekmeat reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Remove cheekmeat from pot (save beef broth for later use in soups or sauces, if desired). Add cheekmeat pieces to food processor and pulse briefly until mixture is chopped to a shredded-like consistency. Transfer shredded cheekmeat to a medium bowl.
- Add remaining onions to food processor and pulse briefly; add to cheekmeat. Add remaining cilantro to food processor and pulse briefly; add to cheekmeat. Stir to evenly blend. Season with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Serve with rice and beans, and additional lime wedges.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.