Back to all recipes
Salpicón de Res
prep time: | cook time:
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 4-6 servings
- Rumba® Beef Cheekmeat (2 lbs. )
- ⅓ onion
- 4-5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1¾ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bunches cilantro, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For serving (optional): Black beans, rice and lime juice
- Cut cheekmeat into medium-sized pieces. Heat olive oil in large pot. Add one bunch chopped cilantro, onion and cheekmeat. Simmer for a few minutes; cover ingredients in water and continue cooking meat for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove cheekmeat from pot (save beef broth for later use in soups or sauces, if desired). Process cheekmeat pieces until they reach shredded-like consistency. Transfer shredded beef to medium bowl.
- Chop onions and cilantro in food processor (separately); add to meat. Season with salt, pepper and lime juice. Serve with rice and beans, and additional lime wedges.