Beef Cheeks/Barbacoa Tradicional
Rumba® Beef Cheekmeat
prep time: 00:30:00 cook time: 04:00:00
- 30 MIN Prep Time
- 4 HRS Cook Time
- 20 tacos Servings
- Rumba® Beef Cheekmeat (5 pounds)
- 1 White Onion chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Bay Leafs
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 qts Beef Stock (can substitute water or chicken stock)
- ½ White Onion Finely Chopped
- 2 Cups Chopped Cilantro
- ½ Head White Cabbage
- 20 Corn/Flour Tortilla, warm
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a blender, add onion, garlic and beef stock and blend until smooth.
- Combine beef cheekmeat, onion blend, kosher salt to taste and bay leaves in a Dutch oven. Cover and braise for 4 hours until tender and cheekmeat reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Remove beef cheeks and shred with two forks.
- Serve on tortillas topped with onion, cilantro and cabbage.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.