Back to all recipes
Beef Cheeks/Barbacoa Tradicional
Prep Time: 30 min. | Cook Time: 4 hours | Serves: Makes up to 20 tacos
- Rumba® Beef Cheekmeat (5 lbs.)
- 1 White Onion chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Bay Leafs
- ½ Cup Kosher Salt
- 2 qts Beef Stock (can substitute water or chicken stock)
- ½ White Onion Finely Chopped
- 2 Cups Chopped Cilantro
- ½ Head White Cabbage
- 20 Corn/Flour Tortilla
- In a blender Liquefy onion, garlic, beef stock and kosher salt, add to beef cheeks and braise in a 350 degree oven for minimum 4hrs.
- Strain liquid and Beef cheeks should shred with a fork.