Mexican Lentil Soup with Braised Oxtail
Rumba Meats® Beef Oxtails
prep time: cook time:
- 5 MIN Prep Time
- 8 HRS Cook Time
- 6-8 Servings
- Rumba® Beef Oxtails (1 package, about 2¼ pounds)
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried lentils
- 5 cups water
- 1 (12-ounce) jar sofrito tomato cooking base
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Serve lentil soup in bowls topped with cilantro and lime.
- Delicious served with warm flour tortillas or bolillo rolls, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.