- Rumba® Beef Tongue (1 package)
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 1 cup whole walnuts
- ½ teaspoon oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, for garnish
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, for garnish
- Place beef tongue in a pot. Add onion halves and season with salt. Cover with boiling water and cook covered over medium heat for about 2 hours until tender and tongue reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Remove from heat and let beef tongue cool in broth.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add walnuts and cook for 2 minutes. Drain walnuts and remove skins with a paring knife.
- Place peeled walnuts in a small pan with oil and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine walnuts and 1 cup cream in blender or food processor to make paste.
- Heat butter in a pan over medium heat. When melted, add flour and stir to blend. Stir in walnut mixture. Continue stirring constantly, while slowly adding about 1 cup broth from beef tongue. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until sauce is semi-thick.
- Place tongue on a cutting board and remove skin. Cut into thin slices. Arrange on a serving plate; cover with walnut sauce, parsley and chopped walnuts.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.