Rumba Meats® Beef Liver
prep time: 00:35:00 cook time: 00:10:00
- 35 MIN Prep Time
- 10 MIN Cook Time
- 6 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Liver (2 pounds, thinly sliced)
- 1½ cups red wine
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2-3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Clean beef liver (if necessary) by removing outer thin layer. Thin slice liver. Place in a deep bowl, add red wine; soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove liver from bowl; discard wine. Pat dry and season with oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook liver for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until tender and internal temperature of liver reaches 160ºF. Transfer to a serving plate. Keep warm.
- Add additional oil, as needed, to skillet. Stir in onions and cook until soft. Serve liver topped with sautéed onions.
- Serve with boiled yuca, rice or tostones, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.