Back to all recipes
Cilantro Liver Bites
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 12
- Rumba® Beef Liver (2 packages)
- 1½ large red onions
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1 cup packed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons aji amarillo paste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Bread or tostadas as needed
- Chop one red onion. Slice the remainder of the onion and place in bowl of water; set aside for later.
- Heat skillet. Add olive oil and once hot, add liver. Package already comes with conveniently sliced liver, which may be cut into smaller pieces before adding to skillet.
- Cook well, stirring occasionally. Keep heat high to cook liver well. Cook for about 6-8 minutes total.
- Add chopped onions when liver is browned on both sides. Add chopped cilantro (leave a spoonful or two for decoration).
- Add salt, pepper and paprika. Stir well so that flavors melt together and onion gets translucent. Lower temperature to low and cook a few more minutes. Cover skillet.
- Mix mayonnaise with aji amarillo paste, creating a perfect spicy sauce to add on the appetizer. Aji amarillo is a yellow chili paste that can be found in most Latin sections in grocery stores. Add paste directly to any dish when cooking for spicy flavor throughout, or prepare an aji amarillo sauce to add on top as desired.
- If serving appetizer over bread, warm up or toast bread just before serving. Place bread on tray and top with slices of cooked liver. Decorate with red onion slices, cilantro and put aji amarillo on the side as a sauce. Enjoy.