Cilantro Liver Bites
Recipe courtesy of Sonila Zarate with Mediterranean Latin Love Affair.
Rumba Meats® Beef Liver
prep time: 00:25:00 cook time: 00:20:00
- 25 MIN Prep Time
- 20 MIN Cook Time
- 12 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Liver (2 packages)
- 1½ large red onions
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1 cup packed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons aji amarillo paste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Garnish: Lemon and Cilantro as needed
- Bread or tostadas as needed
- 1. Chop 1 onion; set aside. Thin sliced remaining ½ onion and place in a bowl of water; set aside.
- 2. Cut beef liver into bite-size pieces. Heat skillet over high heat. Add olive oil and heat. Add liver to hot oil and cook over high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir in chopped onions, cilantro, salt, pepper and paprika. Reduce heat to low and cook until onions are translucent, flavors meld together and liver reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF. Cover and keep warm.
- 4. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and aji amarillo paste and stir to blend.
- 5. Warm or toast bread. Place bread on a serving plate and top with slices of cooked liver. Garnish with drained red onion slices, cilantro and lemon slices. Serve with aji amarillo sauce on the side. Enjoy.
- RECIPE NOTE: Aji amarillo is a yellow chili paste that can be found in most Latin sections in grocery stores. Add paste directly to any dish when cooking for spicy flavor throughout, or prepare an aji amarillo sauce to serve as a spicy topping.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.