Peruvian Cau Cau: Featuring Beef Tripe with Golden Potatoes
Rumba Meats® Beef Honeycomb Tripe
- 15 MIN Prep Time
- 30 MIN Cook Time
- 6 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Honeycomb Tripe (2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 sprigs peppermint, divided
- ½ cup oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 6-8 medium-sized potatoes, cooked and diced
- ½ cup peas
- ¼ cup coriander or cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Ají pepper, to taste (may substitute serrano or jalapeño pepper if ají is unavailable)
- Cooked rice, as needed
- In a stockpot, combine beef honeycomb tripe, milk, 1 sprig peppermint and water to cover. Boil until soft and internal temperature of tripe reaches 160ºF. Remove tripe and slice into squares. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot. Add onion, garlic, cumin and turmeric, and cook over medium heat until onion is golden. Add tripe and diced potatoes; stir to blend.
- Sauté tripe and potatoes until potatoes are golden. Stir in peas and cook until fully heated. Sprinkle remaining peppermint and chopped cilantro on top.
- Serve with white rice.
- For the final touch, add lemon juice and chopped ají pepper. Enjoy!
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.