Mexican Beef Stew (And a recap from last week’s visit!)
- Place the Beef Shank in a large pot to cook, along with the onion, garlic, and bay leaf. Cover with water and cook until tender. I used an electric pressure cooker pot and it took 30 minutes to cook. (Please check the ingredients list below)
- While the meat is cooking, heat the oil in a stockpot or Dutch oven. Add the onion and cook for about 2 minutes until transparent. Stir in the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the canned tomatoes with their juices to the pot and bring to a boil. Once it starts boiling, reduces heat to a gentle simmer for about 15 minutes. The tomatoes will start to lose their shape. At this time, use a potato masher to mash the tomatoes to form a chunky salsa texture.
- Add the diced carrots and cook for 5 minutes, then after that time stir in the potatoes and keep cooking for 8 more minutes.
- At this time, add the cooked meat, white wine, raisins, capers, olives, and herbs. Stir well to blend all the flavors. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, garnish with the fresh parsley.