Golden-Fried Tripe Ensalada
Rumba Meats® Beef Honeycomb Tripe
- 20 minutes Prep Time
- 50 minutes Cook Time
- 4 Servings
Original Blog & Recipe by
Carolina Rojas is a cook and food blogger, and currently resides in Atlanta, GA. In 2006, she created the bilingual cooking blog Mi Diario de Cocina, which quickly began to gain a large audience. The blog features a diverse arrangement of international cuisine while promoting recipes and traditions from her native Chile. In 2017, she published a bilingual cookbook entitled “Mi Diario de Cocina Chilena.”
Fresh Salad with Honeycomb Tripe Crisps
Salad with honeycomb tripe crisps is simple to make, and for those who do not want their tripe fried, the strips can also be baked in the oven.
- Rumba Meats® Beef Honeycomb Tripe (1 package)
- ½ White onion
- 1 sprig Thyme
- 2 stalks Celery
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 2 Carrots
- ½ Red bell pepper
- ½ cup Cornstarch
- ½ cup Bread crumbs
- 1 Egg
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Spinach
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- Clean the tripe with water and vinegar; rinse well.
- Place the whole tripe in pressure cooker or traditional pot.
- Add ½ onion, 1 carrot cut into large pieces, chopped bell pepper, celery, thyme, oregano and cold water.
- Cook for 45 minutes in pressure cooker or 2 hours in traditional pot. Tripe should have a minimum internal temperature of 160°. Allow to cool.
- Once tripe is cold, cut lengthwise into thin strips.
- Pass each piece through cornstarch, beaten egg and breadcrumbs seasoned with salt.
- Fry breaded tripe strips in hot oil for about 40 seconds per side.
- Serve over salad with fresh vegetables like spinach, arugula, cherry tomato, chopped avocado and grated carrot.
- Season with olive oil, salt and lemon.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.