Sopa De Mondongo (Instant Pot Dinner)
Escape the weeknight hustle and bustle! If there is something that makes everyone come together at the table, it’s this delicious sopa de mondongo. Slow-cooked and made with Beef Honeycomb Tripe and just the right amount of spice, this recipe will make anyone who tries it want more.
Rumba Meats® Beef Honeycomb Tripe
- 15 MIN Prep Time
- 45 MIN Cook Time
- 6 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Honeycomb Tripe (1 package, about 3 pounds)
- 1 (12-ounce) jar prepared sofrito tomato cooking base
- 1 (18-ounce) package frozen sweet potato, carrot and potato vegetable roasting blend, thawed
- 1 packet sazon seasoning with culantro and achiote
- 4 cups beef bone broth or water
- Garnishes: chopped cilantro, lime wedges, and diced avocado
- Recommend side: cooked white rice
- Rinse beef tripe under cold running water. Trim and cut into spoon-size pieces with kitchen shears.
- Combine tripe, sofrito tomato cooking base, vegetable blend, sazon and broth in instant pot and stir to blend. Lock pressure cooker. Select pressure cooker setting and cook for 45 minutes on high pressure with full natural release or until tripe is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Serve mondongo topped with cilantro, fresh lime wedges and avocado. Serve with white rice if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.