- Rumba® Beef Tongue (1 package)
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 onion, quartered, + 1 cup finely diced
- 7 cloves garlic, rough chopped, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh chopped cilantro to garnish
- Wash the whole tongue in cold water.
- Place tongue, beef stock, quartered onion, 3 cloves chopped garlic, bay leaf and peppercorns in a programmable pressure cooker.
- Close lid and select “Pressure Cook” mode to adjust to 40 minutes until tongue is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF. When cooking is complete, let the pressure cooker naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Then press “cancel” and carefully turn the vent to “venting” to release the pressure. Remove the lid.
- Remove cooked beef tongue and place on cutting board to cool until easier to handle. Peel the outer layer of skin from beef tongue and remove rough end. Chop the meat into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced onions and green pepper and cook until soft and caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add four cloves chopped garlic; cook for 1 more minute.
- Add beef tongue and mix to combine. Stir in wine; simmer for 5 minutes to reduce wine. Add tomato sauce and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with rice and sweet plantains, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.