Peruvian Saltado De Hígado
Rumba Meats® Beef Liver
- 75 mins Prep Time
- 10 mins Cook Time
- 4 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Liver (¾ to 2¼ pounds)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon aji amarillo paste
- 1 garlic clove, thin sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper, as needed
Recommended sides: white rice and pan-fried baby yellow potato wedges
- Rinse beef liver and pat dry. Cut into thin-sliced strips and transfer to a medium-size bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, red wine vinegar, aji amarillo pepper paste and garlic. Pour over sliced liver and stir to blend. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove liver and drain thoroughly. Discard marinade.
- Heat oil in a hot skillet over high heat. Add liver slices and stir fry for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until moisture has evaporated, and liver reaches an internal temperature of 160°F. Remove cooked liver and set aside.
- Add vegetables to hot skillet and stir fry for 3 to 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender crisp. Add stir fried liver back to skillet and stir until blended and liver is hot. Garnish with parsley and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with white rice and pan-fried potato wedges, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.