Back to all recipes
Erica’s Oxtail, Rice and Vegetable Soup
Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 2 hours and 30 min. | Serves: 4 to 6
To see Erica’s original blog post, please visit http://www.mycolombianrecipes.com/oxtail-rice-and-vegetable-soup.
- Rumba® Beef Oxtails (2 to 3 lbs.)
- 12 cups water, more if necessary
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 scallions, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup green beans, cut into bite size
- ¾ cup rice, uncooked
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- Place 1/4 cup water, onion, scallions, ground cumin and garlic in the blender and blend until well combined.
- Remove excess fat from oxtails and rinse with cold water. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Add onion mixture, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 hours or until the oxtails are tender, keeping water level consistent throughout.
- Add carrots, peas and green beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes. Add rice and let simmer an additional 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Add fresh cilantro and serve.