Erica’s Oxtail, Rice and Vegetable Soup
To see Erica’s original blog post, please visit http://www.mycolombianrecipes.com/oxtail-rice-and-vegetable-soup.
Rumba Meats® Beef Oxtails
- 15 MIN Prep Time
- 2.5 HRS Cook Time
- 4-6 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Oxtails (2-3 pounds)
- 12 cups water, more if necessary
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 scallions, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup green beans, cut into bite size
- ¾ cup rice, uncooked
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- In a blender, add ¼ cup water, onions, scallions, ground cumin and garlic and blend until well combined.
- Remove excess fat from beef oxtails and rinse with cold water. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Add onion mixture, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 hours until the oxtails are tender and reach an internal temperature of 160ºF, keeping water level consistent throughout cooking time.
- Add carrots, peas and green beans. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes. Add rice and let simmer an additional 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add fresh cilantro and serve.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.