Beef Barbacoa Sliders
Recipe pairs the traditional heritage of slow cooked beef barbacoa with the modern hands-on family fun of making custom beef barbacoa slider rolls together. Tender slow cooked beef cheekmeat, seasoned with bay, garlic and rich guajillo chile sauce, is hand shredded the traditional way with two forks. And then layered on soft slider rolls with all your favorite toppings for a delicious family meal.
Rumba Meats® Beef Cheek Meat
- 20 MIN Prep Time
- 8 HRS Cook Time
- 4 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Cheek Meat (1 package)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6 guajillo chiles, cleaned, seeded, deveined
- 1 tomato, quartered
- ¼ white onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 slider rolls
- Slider roll sandwich toppings, as needed (dived avocado, chopped onions, salsa verde, queso fresco)
- Place beef cheekmeat in slow cooker. Combine bay leaves, garlic, cumin, oregano, orange juice and lime juice in a small bowl and pour over meat.
- In a saucepan, combine chiles, tomato, onion and water. Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Transfer to blender and puree until smooth. Strain; add vinegar and salt. Pour over meat.
- Cover and slow cook on low for 8 hours until tender and cheekmeat reaches an internal temperature of 160º F.
- Remove beef barbacoa from slow cooker. Using 2 forks, shred meat. Keep warm. (Beef barbacoa can be made ahead and reheated in a skillet, if desired.)
- To make the sliders, place shredded barbacoa meat on bottom halves of slider rolls. Top with your favorite toppings such as avocado, chopped onion, salsa verde and queso fresco. Close with top halves of slider rolls
- Serve with tortilla chips and salsa, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.