Back to all recipes
prep time: | cook time:
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 4 hours | Serves: 6-8
- Rumba® Beef Cheekmeat (2 1/2 lbs)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- ¼ cup, plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided uses
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon salt, divided uses
- 1 ½ cups beef stock
- 1 white onion, sliced
- Corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Pico de gallo
- Cilantro, chopped
- 3 limes, wedged
- In a blender, make the rub with garlic, chili powder, espresso, olive oil, honey, cumin, paprika, cilantro and one teaspoon salt.
- Prep meat by salting each side before adding the marinade paste to all sides of the meat.
- In a medium-high heat nonstick pan, brown each side of the meat until it’s browned nicely and the aromatics of the marinade are present.
- Add beef to the slow cooker on high for 4 hours with beef stock and white onion slices.
- Serve on warm corn tortillas with avocado slices, pico de gallo, cilantro and lime wedges.