Rumba® Beef Cheek Meat
prep time: 00:15:00 cook time: 04:00:00
- 15 MIN Prep Time
- 4 HRS Cook Time
- 6-8 Servings
- Rumba® Beef Cheek Meat (2 1/2 pounds)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- ¼ cup, plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided uses
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon salt, divided uses
- 1 ½ cups beef stock
- 1 white onion, sliced
- Corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Pico de gallo
- Cilantro, chopped
- 3 limes, wedged
- To prepare seasoning rub: In a blender, combine garlic, chili powder, espresso, 1 tablespoon olive oil, honey, cumin, paprika, cilantro and 1 teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth.
- Season beef cheekmeat evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon salt. Spread seasoning rub evenly over meat.
- In a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, add remaining ¼ cup oil and heat. Add rubbed cheekmeat and brown on both sides until evenly browned and aromatic.
- Add browned beef to a slow cooker. Add beef stock and onion. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours until cheekmeat is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Serve on warm corn tortillas with avocado slices, pico de gallo, cilantro and lime wedges.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.