Slow Cooker Garlic & Onions Beef Tongue
Rumba Meats® Beef Tongue
- 20 minutes Prep Time
- 3.5 - 4 hours Cook Time
- 4 Servings
Original Blog & Recipe by
Lynda Segovia Thorn
Hi, I'm Lynda Segovia Thorn, wife and mother. Originally from Texas, I now reside in California and teach SpEd students while blogging about food, familia and travel. By making my children the same meals my Mom made me, I can share our proud Mexican heritage with them. As the mother of multicultural kids, it's important to me that they know where they came from - Rumba Meats helps make that possible.
Garlic & Onions Beef Tongue
This dish is savory, with palate-pleasing flavors. A hearty meal that goes great with many sides.
- Rumba® Beef Tongue (1 package)
- 2 Large carrots, diced
- 4 Stalks of celery, diced
- 2 Large onions, quartered
- 12 Cloves of garlic
- 3 Bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons Ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons Ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 4.5 cups Water
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Garlic cloves , minced
- 3 tablespoons Fresh marjoram, chopped
- ½ cup Pitted black olives, chopped
- 6 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 1.5 - 2.5 cups Leftover stock (liquid) from cooked tongue
- Salt, to taste
- Place beef tongue in a crockpot with carrots, celery, onions, garlic, bay leaves, coriander, black pepper, red wine vinegar and water.
- Put lid on crockpot.
- Cook on high for 3½ to 4 hours until tender and internal temperature of tongue reaches 160°F.
- Remove tongue from crockpot, reserving left-over stock for sauce.
- After tongue cools, peel off thick skin and discard. Slice tongue into medallions and set aside.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and marjoram and sauté briefly until garlic is tender.
- Stir in tomato paste and olives. Add tongue slices to pan.
- Add 1½ cups reserved stock from crockpot. Simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Add additional stock, as needed, to thin sauce.
- Add salt to taste. Your dish is now ready!
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.