Slow Cooker Garlic & Onions Beef Tongue
Rumba® Beef Tongue
- 20 minutes Prep Time
- 3.5 - 4 hours Cook Time
- 4 Servings
Original Blog & Recipe by
Lynda Segovia Thorn
Hi, I'm Lynda Segovia Thorn, wife and mother. Originally from Texas, I now reside in California and teach SpEd students while blogging about food, familia and travel. By making my children the same meals my Mom made me, I can share our proud Mexican heritage with them. As the mother of multicultural kids, it's important to me that they know where they came from - Rumba Meats helps make that possible.
Garlic & Onions Beef Tongue
This dish is savory, with palate-pleasing flavors. A hearty meal that goes great with many sides.
- Rumba® Beef Tongue (1 package)
- 2 Large carrots, diced
- 4 Stalks of celery, diced
- 2 Large onions, quartered
- 12 Cloves of garlic
- 3 Bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons Ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons Ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 4.5 cups Water
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Garlic cloves , minced
- 3 tablespoons Fresh marjoram, chopped
- ½ cup Pitted black olives, chopped
- 6 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 1.5 - 2.5 cups Leftover stock (liquid) from cooked tongue
- Salt, Your preference
- Place Rumba Meats Beef Tongue in crockpot with carrots, celery, onions, garlic, bay leaves, coriander, black pepper, red wine vinegar and water.
- Put lid on crockpot.
- Cook on high for 3.5-4 hours, until tender and internal temperature reaches 160°
- Once cooked, remove tongue from crockpot.
- Save water in crockpot, it will be needed for sauce.
- After tongue cools down, peel off thick skin and discard.
- Slice tongue into medallions and set aside.
- Warm olive oil in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and marjoram; sauté until garlic is tender.
- Add tomato paste and olives, and stir.
- Add tongue slices to pan.
- Stir in 1.5 cups of water from crockpot.
- Simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add more crockpot water for a thinner sauce.
- Add salt to taste.
- Your dish is now ready!
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.