Weeknight Menudo (Instant Pot Dinner)
Rumba Meats® Beef Honeycomb Tripe
- 15 MIN Prep Time
- 45 MIN Cook Time
- 6 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Honeycomb Tripe (1 package, about 3 pounds)
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 to 6 tablespoons menudo chile spice mix (to taste)
- 1 (25-ounce) can hominy, drained
- 5 cups beef bone broth or water
- Garnishes: diced white onions, lime wedges, and cilantro
- Trim and cut into spoon-size pieces with kitchen shears.
- Combine tripe, onion, garlic, menudo spice mix, hominy and broth in instant pot and stir to blend. Lock pressure cooker. Select pressure cooker setting and cook for 45 minutes on high pressure with full natural release or until tripe is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Serve menudo topped with diced white onions, fresh lime, and cilantro.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.