Back to all recipes
Tripitas Tacos for Día de Reyes
prep time: 00:15:00 | cook time: 01:00:00
Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 45 min. - 1 hour | Serves: 4
- Rumba® Beef Tripas (2 lbs, cut into 2-inch wide by 4-inch long strips)
- 1 gallon salted water
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup onions, finely minced
- 1 cup red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- Salt (to taste)
- 8 corn tortillas
- Salsa verde (or salsa of your choice)
- Rinse tripas very well with cold running water. Place in a pot and boil in salted water until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from water and dry gently with paper towels.
- Grill or sauté tripa strips until they are brown and crisp. Toss with cilantro, onion, lime juice, red bell peppers and salt.
- Wrap tripas strips in warmed corn tortillas.
- Serve with additional lime wedges and pico de gallo, or salsa of your choice.
How to assemble the perfect plate of a Rosca de Reyes, taco edition:
- Select a round shaped plate in the color of your choice.
- Place a small bowl in the center of the plate and fill it up with the salsa of your preference– our favorite is salsa verde.
- Start placing your tacos de tripa around the plate, while surrounding the salsa bowl to resemble the shape of a traditional Rosca.
- Top this delicious inspiration with red bell peppers and ¡listo!