Tripitas Tacos for Día de Reyes
Rumba® Beef Tripas
prep time: 00:15:00 cook time: 01:00:00
- 15 MIN Prep Time
- 1 HR Cook Time
- 4 Servings
- Rumba® Beef Tripas (2 pounds, cut into 2-inch wide by 4-inch long strips)
- 1 gallon salted water
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup onions, finely minced
- 1 cup red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- Salt (to taste)
- 8 corn tortillas
- Salsa verde (or salsa of your choice)
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE PERFECT PLATE OF A ROSCA DE REYES, TACO EDITION:
- Select a round plate in the color of your choice.
- Place a small bowl of salsa in the center of the plate.
- Start placing tacos de tripas around the outer edges of plate to resemble the shape of a traditional Rosca.
- Top this delicious inspiration with red bell peppers and ¡listo!
- ¡FELIZ DÍA DE REYES!
- Slice beef tripas into 2-inch wide by 4-inch long strips. Rinse tripas well with cold running water. Place in a pot of salted boiling water, reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes until tripas are tender and reach an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Remove from water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Grill or sauté tripas strips until golden brown and crisp. Toss with cilantro, onion, lime juice, red bell peppers and salt to taste.
- Wrap tripas strips in warmed corn tortillas.
- Serve tripas strips in corn tortillas with salsa.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.