Smoky Chipotle Grilled Tablitas with Pineapple Pico de Gallo
Rumba Meats® Beef Short Ribs
prep time: cook time:
- 10 MIN Prep Time
- 6-7 MIN Cook Time
- 12 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Short Ribs (3 packages, about 3 pounds)
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled, rough chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Pineapple Pico de Gallo
- 1½ cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 plum tomato, diced (about ⅓ cup)
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- ¼ red onion, diced (about ¼ cup)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a food processor or a blender, add pineapple juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, cumin and chipotle peppers. Pulse or blend until smooth. Reserve ⅓ cup marinade for serving and set aside. Pour remaining marinade into a large bowl or baking dish. Add beef short ribs, making sure to coat both sides of each piece with the sauce. Cover and refrigerate. Marinate for a minimum of 8 hours to a maximum of 24 hours to tenderize the short ribs.
- While the meat marinates, make the pineapple pico de gallo. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir to blend. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
- To grill short ribs, start by preheating a gas grill to high heat. Remove short ribs from marinade, shake off excess and discard marinade.
- Grill the short ribs, flipping once, until each side is nicely charred, and meat is cooked to desired doneness (2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium rare doneness, or until internal temperature reaches 160ºF for well done).
- To cook short ribs on a stovetop, heat a grill pan on high heat. Pan-grill short ribs for 6 to 7 minutes on each side for medium rare or until internal temperature reaches160ºF for well done.
- Remove short ribs and let rest for a few minutes before cutting each short rib into sections around the bone.
- Drizzle the short ribs with the reserved marinade and serve with pineapple pico de gallo and steamed rice, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.