Back to all recipes
prep time: | cook time:
Prep Time: 90 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 12
- Rumba® Beef Heart (1 package)
- Small cane or wood sticks
- 1 cup of aji panca paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, ground
- ½ cup red vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- ½ cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Cut the meat into small, thick squares. Insert three or four pieces of meat on each stick. Place the anticuchos on a tray.
- In a bowl, mix aji panca paste, garlic, vinegar, oregano and a half cup of oil. Add salt, pepper and cumin. Mix and pour the mixture over the anticuchos. Let stand for one hour. Some people let the meat marinade longer, but if you are in a rush, one hour will be enough.
- Bring the anticuchos to the grill and cook until they are ready.
- Serve with boiled potatoes, corn, and aji or rocoto (Peruvian chile) sauce. I made a sauce simply by blending rocoto (Peruvian chile), garlic, red onion, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, green onions, a splash of vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- This simple sauce is delicious and gives a lovely contrast to the anticuchos.