- Rumba® Beef Heart (1 package)
- Small cane or wood sticks for skewers
- 1 cup of aji panca paste
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- ½ cup red vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- ½ cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to high heat.
- Trim beef heart and slice into small, thick square-shaped cubes. Insert 3 or 4 pieces of meat on each cane or wood stick. Place the skewered beef anticuchos on a baking sheet or shallow baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix aji panca paste, garlic, vinegar, oregano, oil and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to blend and pour over the anticuchos. Marinate for 1 hour. (Some people let the meat marinate longer, but if you are in a rush, 1 hour will be enough.)
- Grill the anticuchos for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until beef heart is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Serve with boiled potatoes, corn, and aji or rocoto (Peruvian chile) sauce, if desired.
- To prepare Peruvian chile sauce, blend rocoto (Peruvian chile) with garlic, red onion, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, green onions, a splash of vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. This simple sauce is delicious and gives a lovely contrast to the anticuchos.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.