Chilean-Style Sandwich with Beef Neck Bones
Rumba Meats® Beef Neck Bones
- 20 minutes Prep Time
- 4 hours Cook Time
- 2 Servings
Original Blog & Recipe by
Carolina Rojas is a cook and food blogger, and currently resides in Atlanta, GA. In 2006, she created the bilingual cooking blog Mi Diario de Cocina, which quickly began to gain a large audience. The blog features a diverse arrangement of international cuisine while promoting recipes and traditions from her native Chile. In 2017, she published a bilingual cookbook entitled “Mi Diario de Cocina Chilena.”
Chilean-Style Neck Bone Sandwich
Delicious beef neck bones sandwich made with a typical homemade kneaded Chilean bread, but you can use any bread that is to your liking.
- Rumba Meats® Beef Neck Bones (1 package)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 2 Chilean sandwich rolls (or other sandwich rolls), sliced for sandwiches
- 3 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- Lettuce leaves, as needed
- 1 White onion
- 2-3 cups cold water, as needed
- ½ teaspoon Granulated sugar
- Hot chili paste (optional)
- ¼ cup oil for frying, divided
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy skillet; add beef neck bones and fry for 1 minute per each side.
- Place beef neck bones in a slow cooker. Add celery, carrots, thyme, oregano, salt and cold water to cover.
- Cover crockpot and cook for 4 hours until meat is tender and internal temperature of beef reaches 160°F.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove neck bones from cooking liquid; shred meat and reserve.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy skillet. Add onions and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sugar and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- For sandwiches: Spread mayonnaise on cut sides of sandwich rolls. Layer shredded neck bone meat evenly on bottom halves of rolls. Top evenly with fried onions, tomato slices and lettuce. Close with top halves of sandwich rolls.
- Serve with hot chili sauce.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.