Chilean-Style Sandwich with Beef Neck Bones
Rumba® Beef Neck Bones
- 20 minutes Prep Time
- 4 hours Cook Time
- 2 Servings
Original Blog & Recipe by
Carolina Rojas is a cook and food blogger, and currently resides in Atlanta, GA. In 2006, she created the bilingual cooking blog Mi Diario de Cocina, which quickly began to gain a large audience. The blog features a diverse arrangement of international cuisine while promoting recipes and traditions from her native Chile. In 2017, she published a bilingual cookbook entitled “Mi Diario de Cocina Chilena.”
Chilean-Style Neck Bone Sandwich
Delicious beef neck bones sandwich made with a typical homemade kneaded Chilean bread, but you can use any bread that is to your liking.
- Rumba® Beef Neck Bones (1 package)
- 1 sprig Thyme
- 2 stalks Celery
- 1 Carrot
- Salt to taste
- 2 Sandwich breads
- 3 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 Tomato
- 1 White onion
- ½ teaspoon Granulated sugar
- Hot chili paste (optional)
- Fry beef neck bones for 1 minute per side.
- Place beef neck bones in slow cooker.
- Add 1 carrot cut into slices, celery, thyme, oregano, salt and cold water.
- Cook for 4 hours. Internal temperature should be 160°
- Once ready, remove meat obtained. Place on plate.
- Fry julienned onion for about 10 minutes, add sugar in first 5 minutes.
- Assemble sandwich with hot bread, then cut into two halves.
- Place mayonnaise to taste inside each bread lid.
- On base of bread lid, place the meat, onion, 2 tomato slices and 1 or 2 lettuce leaves.
- Close sandwich with other lid and enjoy.
- Add chili sauce if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.