Rumba Meats® Beef Cheek Meat
- 15 MIN Prep Time
- 50 MIN Cook Time
- 4-6 Servings
- Rumba® Beef Cheek Meat (1 package, about 2¼ pounds)
- 2 cups prepared red chile sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¼ large white onion
- 8 tostadas, warm
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried black beans, warm
- Crumbled cotija cheese
- Sliced jalapenos
- Diced avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- Mexican crema
- Combine beef cheekmeat, red chile sauce, beef broth, and onion in an instant pot. Cover and cook on high pressure with natural release for 50 minutes or until beef is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Remove cheek meat and cool slightly. Using two forks, shred barbacoa beef cheek meat. Keep warm.
- To prepare barbacoa tostadas: Spread black beans evenly on tostadas. Top with choice of toppings such as crumbled cotija cheese, sliced jalapeños, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, and Mexican crema.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.