Street Corn (Esquites)
prep time: 00:15:00 cook time: 00:10:00
- 15 MIN Prep Time
- 10 MIN Cook Time
- 6 Servings
- 2, 12-ounce bags frozen kernel corn
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic in water
- 1-2 tablespoons chipotle chili powder
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
For added flavor, saute corn on stovetop. Place 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a sauté pan at medium high heat. Add corn and cook until it begins to brown and is heated throughout, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Microwave corn according to package instructions.
- While corn is cooking, combine ingredients to make sauce by adding mayo, cilantro, garlic, chipotle chili powder and lime juice to mixing bowl. Stir until fully incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer microwave heated corn to a large bowl; add sauce and stir to blend.
- Garnish with cotija cheese and cilantro; serve immediately.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.