Back to all recipes
Tostadas con Pollo Ranchero
prep time: | cook time:
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
- Rumba® Pollo Ranchero (1 package)
- 12 corn tortillas (or buy premade tostadas)
- Olive oil spray
- 1½ cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, with core and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ cup Mexican or regular sour cream
- ½ cup salsa verde
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium heat and add chicken thighs to the pan. Cook chicken for 15 minutes on each side. As chicken cooks, spray both sides of all tortillas with olive oil.
- Add 6 tortillas directly on the oven grates and bake for 6 minutes. Rotate tortillas and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- When chicken reaches an internal heat of 165 degrees, remove 3 thighs and debone. Chop the meat and save remaining chicken for another meal.
- Heat the refried beans for 2 minutes in the microwave. Add 2 tablespoons of refried beans to each tostada and spread evenly.
- Next, add lettuce, tomato and about ¼ cup of chopped chicken. Finish with a slice of avocado and a drizzle of sour cream and salsa verde.