Puerto Rican Oxtail Stew (Slow Cooker Dinner)
Bring the sazón with this classic receta. It’s a delicious treat with rich and flavorful oxtail, and you can prep it in five minutes. This is a slow cooker recipe that’s meant to maximize flavor. We suggest cooking it overnight. When you serve it, it’ll be like a dream.
Rumba Meats® Beef Oxtails
- 5 MIN Prep Time
- 8 HRS Cook Time
- 4-6 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Oxtails (1 package, about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 2 cups water or low-sodium or unsalted beef broth
- 1 (12-ounce) jar sofrito tomato cooking base
- 1 packet (about 1¼ teaspoon) sazón with culantro and achiote seasoning
- 4 cups (16-ounces) frozen papa criolla/baby yellow potatoes
- 1½ cups frozen sliced carrots
- 6 frozen mini ears corn-on-the-cob
- Garnish: chopped cilantro
- Recommended side: cooked white rice
- Season oxtails evenly with adobo seasoning.
- Combine water or broth, sofrito tomato cooking sauce, and sazón in slow cooker and stir to blend.
- Add seasoned oxtails and remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours or until oxtails are tender and reach an internal temperature of 160ºF. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Top Puerto Rican oxtail stew with chopped cilantro. Serve over white rice, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.