- Rumba® Beef Tongue (1 package)
- Beef broth, as needed
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sherry vinegar (or wine vinegar)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt, red pepper, paprika and ground chili, to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced (may be toasted as well)
- In a stockpot, combine tongue and broth to cover. Cook for 2 hours until tongue is tender and internal temperature reaches 160ºF. Remove tongue from heat and allow to cool. Remove skin and discard. Chill tongue in refrigerator.
- Thin slice chilled tongue.
- Combine sherry vinegar, cider vinegar, oil, parsley and garlic in a bowl and whisk to blend. Add salt, red pepper flakes, paprika and red pepper to taste and whisk to blend.
- Layer sliced tongue in a small baking dish. Spoon vinaigrette evenly over sliced tongue. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to four days.
- To serve, layer marinated tongue on baguette slices.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.