Back to all recipes
Prep Time: 1-2 hours | Cook Time: 20-20 minutes | Serves: 4
- Rumba® Beef Inside Skirt (1 lb.)
- Olive oil (as needed for frying)
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced 1/2-inch
- 1 cup red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced 1/2-inch
- FOR MARINADE:
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tbsp jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves and stems, chopped
- Rinse the inside skirt and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine ingredients for marinade. Marinate inside skirt for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Remove inside skirt from the marinade and drain.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large cast iron pan or griddle (or use a grill).
- Brown inside skirt for about 3 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. If inside skirt is brown but not cooked enough, it can be finished in the oven.
- When inside skirt is cooked, remove from the pan and add onions and peppers. Sauté this mixture until it is tender but still crisp.
- Thinly slice the inside skirt across the grain and toss with the pepper and onion mixture.
- Serve with shredded cheese, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole and flour tortillas.