Cuban-Style Beef Cheek Stew from @ASassySpoon
Jamie Silva from @ASassySpoon shares her Cuban-Style Beef Cheek Stew recipe. Its tender perfection is worth celebrating on its own. Yellow onions, green bell peppers, garlic cloves and tomato sauce dance together in this non-traditional recipe that’s served with white rice and sweet plantains. Jamie cooks Cuban classics inspired by her upbringing and hometown of Miami. She also creates non-traditional dishes that are just as delicious as the classics. Try her recipe that evokes sweet smells and sweet memories of family, Cuban-style.
Rumba Meats® Beef Cheek Meat
- 20 MIN Prep Time
- 35 MIN Cook Time
- 4-6 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Cheek Meat (2 packages, about 5 pounds; fat trimmed, cut into 1-2 inch chunks)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced green bell peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry cooking wine
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons complete seasoning
- 1 packet sazon seasoning with culantro and achiote
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pressure cooker, heat 2 tablespoons of oil at medium-high heat. Brown the beef cheek meat on all sides about 5 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil into the pressure cooker. Sauté the green peppers and onions until tender about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooking wine and deglaze the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until the wine has slightly reduced.
- Add the water, tomato sauce, spices, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine then add the meat back in. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 45-50 minutes until the meat is tender or until the internal temperature of the beef cheek has reached 160ºF.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately with white rice and sweet plantains. Enjoy!
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.