Back to all recipes
Chicken Fajita Torta
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Serves: 4
- Rumba® Chicken for Fajitas (1 package Chicken for Fajitas)
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons dried Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional
- 1 red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 4 fresh bolillo bread
- ½ cup refried beans, warmed
- 1 cup green leaf lettuce, shredded
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced about ¼ inch thick
- ½ cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- To prepare pickled onions, place the red wine vinegar, orange and pineapple juices, dried oregano and honey in medium-sized pot and heat to a simmer. Remove from heat and place the onions in the liquid. Let cool and place in a container to store in the fridge. This can be done in advance.
- Grill Chicken for Fajitas meat according to instructions.
- To assemble tortas, slice each bolillo bread in half and toast if desired. On the bottom bun, spread the refried beans evenly. Then distribute lettuce and tomatoes to each sandwich. Slice each chicken breast on a bias about a ¼ inch thick and place proportionally on each torta. Top with pickled onions, cotija cheese and cilantro. Serve immediately.