Back to all recipes
Chicken Fajita Alambre
prep time: | cook time:
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 4
- Rumba® Chicken for Fajitas (1 package Chicken for Fajitas)
- 3 slices bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 red onion, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare chicken, in a skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high. Sear each side of the chicken until golden and place in the oven to finish cooking to an internal temperature of 165, around 10-15 minutes. Let cool and dice into ½-inch pieces and set aside.
- Sauté the bacon on medium heat in a skillet until crispy; leave the bacon fat in the pan.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and sauté onions and bell peppers until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add in cubed chicken and sauté another minute until combined with vegetables. Sprinkle bacon on top of the mixture and top with shredded cheese. Heat in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with warm tortillas.