Back to all recipes
prep time: | cook time:
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 6 servings
- Rumba® Beef Honeycomb Tripe (2 lbs. )
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 sprigs peppermint
- ½ cup oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 6-8 medium-sized potatoes, cooked and diced
- ½ cup peas
- ¼ cup coriander or cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Ají pepper, to taste (may substitute serrano or jalapeño pepper if ají is unavailable)
- Salt, to taste
- Boil tripe in water, milk and peppermint sprigs until soft. Once cooked, cut into squares.
- Heat oil in pot. Once hot, add onion, garlic, cumin and turmeric, and cook until onion is golden. Add tripe and diced potatoes.
- Sauté tripe and potatoes until fully cooked. Add peas. Sprinkle remaining peppermint and chopped cilantro on top; serve with white rice.
- For the final touch, add lemon juice and chopped ají pepper. Enjoy!